Think you have to master a gruelling work out routine to shift those unwanted pounds? Think again! The ShapeShifter Yoga Program will help you to lose weight, increase your strength and improve your flexibility without the need for expensive equipment or gym membership. I tried the program for 8 weeks and now share with you my experience, as well as the pros and cons of the program, to help you figure out whether it’s right for you.
What is Shapeshifter Yoga?
ShapeShifter Yoga is a downloadable stretching and strengthening program that you can do in the comfort of your own home, or anywhere with enough floor space. Based on Hatha yoga, ShapeShifter Yoga will help you achieve a fit physical body and serene, peaceful state of mind through body postures (asana), breathing techniques (pranayama) and meditation.
The Face behind the Program
Meet Kristine Frondan, creator of the ShapeShifter Yoga program. A background of athletics, long distance running and rollerblading brought Kristine to the world of yoga. As a Strength and Conditioning Coach helping young athletes thrive, she was drawn to yoga by a desire to help them reduce their physical and mental stress. You’re in very safe hands with Kristine — she holds a Masters in Exercise Physiology and a Degree in Education. These, and a yogic journey spanning over 13 years, make her a well-established and trusted yoga instructor. Her wealth of experience guarantees the program has been designed with the user’s comfort and safety in mind, whilst providing an effective strengthening and lengthening routine. Kristine has been featured in the popular publications Shape, Cosmopolitan, Fitness and Yoga Journal.
How Does it Work?
The program is split into two parts: ShapeShifter Yoga and ShapeShifter Flow.
You start with ShapeShifter Yoga, completing the full 60 minute routine 3 to 4 times a week. This routine is designed to slowly build your muscles and increase your flexibility. Kristine takes you through a series of stretches and warm up exercises designed to prepare your muscles for yoga practice. As you follow the program week after week, you’ll find yourself feeling increasingly comfortable and confident with the poses. There’s a great sense of satisfaction as you notice your strength and flexibility increase. Once you’ve mastered ShapeShifter Yoga, you’re ready to move onto the more advanced Flow routine. This is a shorter routine that incorporates all the stretches and poses you mastered doing the Yoga sessions.
Once you’ve graduated to the Flow, you can either use it at the end of your Yoga routine for a complete yoga workout, or, if you’re in a hurry, use it as a quick and effective standalone routine.
- Great program for both complete beginners and yoga aficionados.
- Perfect if you’re looking to dip your toe into the world of yoga but don’t want to go to a class or book a gym membership.
- Yoga is kinder on the joints than jogging – but burns just as many calories!
- Provides a gentler workout than some of the other fitness and weight training programmes – you can look forward to these workouts rather than dread them
- Yoga has long been used to relieve tension and stiffness in the muscles and joints, and it also burns fat, improves flexibility and has proven beneficial effects on mood.
- The program is very well explained. The manuals are a wealth of information and explain in detail the way each pose targets different muscles.
- Kristine Fondran takes you through each pose slowly and clearly, so you can easily follow along at your pace.
- Yoga being a slow and gentle practice, it follows that the physical results can take a little longer to appear compared to some of the more extreme fitness routines – however, just like dieting, a slow and gentle approach will yield longer lasting results.
- You need to be disciplined enough to set aside an hour three or four times a week to complete the ShapeShifter Yoga routine. You will get back from the program what you put in – effort will be rewarded with increased muscle strength, better flexibility, and weight loss.
Does it Work?
ShapeShifter Yoga promises increased flexibility, coordination, strength and endurance – but does it deliver? In short – YES. I noticed an improvement in my flexibility after just a few sessions, and this continued to develop throughout the practice. In just four weeks I had mastered the ShapeShifter Yoga so that each pose felt intuitive and comfortable. The Flow routine provides a tougher work out that is still gentle on the joints and body. It delivers a perfect blend of stretching and strengthening, and the opportunity to notice how much stronger your body has become in just a few short weeks.
What about weight loss? ShapeShifter Yoga delivers here as well: my clothes feel looser and friends have complimented me on my slimmer figure and improved posture. My arms, legs and abs are more toned and firmer – even those hard to work out bingo-wings! The stress-busting properties of yoga have also helped me to slim down – many people reach for sweets or snacks when they’re stressed, and I’m certainly no different. However, practicing yoga regularly has dramatically reduced my levels of anxiety. With fewer urges to snack, losing weight has felt effortless.
Who Can Benefit from This Program?
Almost everyone could benefit from ShapeShifter Yoga. Beginners will find it a comprehensive, well explained program that gently and comfortably takes them through yoga stretches and poses. For those with some yoga experience, ShapeShifter provides an opportunity to deepen their practice. All you need is a yoga matt, some comfortable clothes and the discipline to set aside the time to sit down and work out.
You can buy the entire ShapeShifter Yoga program for just $19 (with an optional upsell) – a real bargain, especially when you compare it to the price of a yoga class or gym membership!
When you purchase the program, you will receive:
- Quick-start Manual – to get you started on your yogic journey!
- At a Glance Wall Chart – helpful visual guide detailing each yoga pose. I found this invaluable for when I wanted to practice without following the videos.
- Follow along videos – with Kristine guiding you through every stage of each pose, you’ll feel like you have your own personal coach.
- Yoga Pose Manual – step by step instructions for each of the poses in the ShapeShifter Yoga routine.
The program also comes with amazing bonus gifts;
- Follow along audio files — brilliant for when you don’t have access to the follow along videos.
- Body awareness “Absolute Stillness” meditation audio file — this ancient meditation technique will quieten your mind and help you connect with your body.B
- Breath awareness meditation audio file — Kristine takes you through the pranayama practice of abdominal breathing, key to a complete yoga practice.
- Yoga Nidra guided meditation audio file — this powerful meditation will reduce tension and stress and bring you to a state of pure peace and joy.
If you’re willing to put in a little time to practice ShapeShifter Yoga, this program will reward you with increased strength and flexibility, better muscle tone and improved posture. Whether you’re a complete beginner or have some experience of yoga, if you’re looking for a work-out routine that covers body and soul to deliver weight loss and serenity, click on the link below and get started today.